E-Mandarin 102 (Basic II)
This ten-week course is a continuation of E-Mandarin 101 and aims to help beginners build a solid foundation in speaking Chinese accurately and naturally, as well as further grammatical knowledge. The focus will be on training students to speak Chinese comfortably on both daily topics and eye examinations.
Prerequisite: E-Mandarin 101 or equivalent proficiency (know how to pronounce Pinyin, have basic knowledge about Chinese grammar, and know at least 80 basic words).
Upon course completion, students will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Appropriately greet patients and colleagues;
- Describe symptoms using adjectives;
- Talk about location and give directions;
- Talk about time and date and schedule an appointment;
- Examine patients’ eyesight;
- Have small talks with colleagues;
- Terminology specific to health care.
Duration: 10 weeks
Class Dates: see the schedule of the semester